04 May 2011

slap on the old warpaint

Apologies but my laptop is being repaired by those nice people at Apple so my posts are a little infrequent until then. This morning though, I read a great interview with one of the most exciting bands around at the moment, Warpaint. It's posted on the Spinner UK website which is, I think an AOL-owned site. It's a little cheesy with the usual questions being asked but they seem to be in a good place at the moment which is really great to hear. The full interview is here:


They also performed an exclusive recording of 'Bees' which you can watch here:

 

I intend to do a fuller feature on Warpaint soon so watch this space.

On a completely different note, I've also been listening to the Go! Team's new album - 'Rolling Blackouts'. I can see why my 9 year old likes them so much. They are a lot of fun with some lovely old skool 80s hip hop touches to their pop tunes. Here's one of my favourites from the album - 'Secretary Song'. (It reminds me of one of the Pipettes songs from their first album too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment