10 May 2011

magda speaks

One of my favourite DJ/musicians, Magda, has given a radio interview about her life, her music and what she's up to right now in an internet radio show. I've added the interview to my blog below but you can also read more about the show directly from the Red Bull Academy website here.


I find that interviews with dance music artists are as rare as rockinghorse poo at times so it's doubly pleasing that the subject of this particular show is one of the dance industry big hitters. She speaks about moving from her native Poland to Detroit as a child and how she got into DJing and her early influences. She also reveals why she moved to Berlin and her relationship with Minus Records. On the website there's also a tracklisting of the tunes featured between interviews. Overall, it's been a lovely way of spending my lunchtime. Hearing her speak is a bit like meeting someone for the first time when you've only ever corresponded by mail and makes the music more personal for me.

This Red Bull website has been a bit of a goldmine and I'll be exploring further when time allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment