06 May 2011

too damn cool

Okey dokey. I posted last night some surprisingly good tunes from unlikely sources. Tonight is devoted to good tunes from reliable sources, the musicians that never fail to deliver great music.

Gaslamp Killer is known for his sometimes difficult, complex constructions. Often these are instrumentals but he also collaborates a lot with Gonjasufi. This will give you an idea of where his talent lies. This particular track 'Turk Mex' is a bit of an oldie but is amazing nonetheless.



Aereas Negrot is a Venezuelan living in Germany. She's known as a bit of a hothead. Let's call it Diva attitude in the tradition of Adeva or Grace Jones. I have picked those 2 women deliberately as Aereas reminds me of those. Here she is with 'Deutsche Werden'. 


Mercury Rev need no real introduction so I won't! ' Dark Is Rising'


Tom McRae is an English songwriter that seems to have gone quiet in the last few years. I first heard him about 8 years ago and could see straight away that the bloke has talent by the bucketload. He's drawn comparisons with Nick Drake or John Martyn in his lighter days but there's also Suede or Radiohead too. This track 'You Cut Her Hair' is arguably his biggest hit to date.


Lastly is band of the moment, Ducktails with 'Razor's Edge'. I won't give too much away here as I plan a full review of their album sometime soon. I hope that's okay with you chaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment