08 May 2011

a shadow of his former self

I can't seem to sleep so am scouring the web for music to listen to and I've come across this little gem. As the blurb on the website says: "This CD was only available with purchase of DJ Shadow's "Private Press" album from HipHopSite.com. This 30 minute mix is a comprehensive overview of DJ Shadow's career featuring exclusive tracks and remixes."


I do own the Private Press album but not this mix CD but thankfully D-Styles has uploaded it to the Mixcrate website for us all to enjoy. It's every bit as tasty as it sounds. Click on the link below to listen:


I'm slightly surprised at the lack of mixing at times, it seems that they are happy to let each record play out for as long as it wants but let's face it, frenetic turntablism has never been his bag. This is downtempo hip hop at its very best and will be blasting out my living room tomorrow morning when I am having Sunday breakfast with my two children. If you don't mind, I'm gonna clock off from the blog tonight, dim the laptop screen and drift off to the rest of this mix. Night night, sleep tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment