30 November 2011

and now the end is near

This is my last day working at my current job. My contract is up and it looks like I won't be working for at least a month. I decided to treat myself so I spent my lunchtime in record shops in Soho and I managed to snaffle some real beauties. Here's the lowdown on what went into my shopping basket:


Arthur Verocai (self-titled) It's a collection of songs from one of Brazil's foremost funkateers from the 70s. He was quite a controversial figure and often in opposition to Brazil's then military rulers. It's a real peach of an album.

Gold Panda - DJ Kicks Peckham's finest, Gold Panda is given free reign to spin his dream mixtape.

Mr Chop - Switched On A homage to the synth-led funk from the late 60s and early 70s from Cheshire based Mr Chop.

Xeno and Oaklander - Set and Lights - I've written about this New York duo before. They do a great line in 80s English inspired electronica. In the words of the Inspiral Carpets, as cool as f*ck.

Ringo Deathstarr - Shadow - They're shoe-gazer heaven as far as I'm concerned and although from Austin in Texas sound very British Isles in their music. Sort of mid to late Jesus and Mary Chain or My Bloody Valentine. They sound fantastic, almost epic at times.

Right...enough chat, let's get to the serious stuff.






No comments:

Post a Comment