23 March 2011

lanterns on the lake

Lanterns on the Lake are a Northumbrian band who play a dreamy type of pop. The songs are beautifully crafted where they combine great melodies with what I'd describe as a traditional approach to song-writing. Up until 2010, they were self-published and I have 3 of their EPs which were handmade and (I believe) all home-recorded too.



They have toured extensively, mainly the festival circuits where they have gained an enviable reputation and brought themselves to the attention of some influential national DJs. They signed to a 'proper' record company last year and also released a single, Lungs Quicken. Their music has a kind of David Lynch-film music kind of feel to it and they certainly have created some of the most evocative music I heard in the last couple of years. I'm predicting big things from them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment