18 March 2011

blokes with big beards have got the blues

The weather's a bit crap isn't it? I'm a bit hungover too so to suit my mood I have been listening this lunchtime to two of my favourite songs by a couple of beardies.

This is Bonnie Prince Billy (aka Will Oldham). He sports a magnificent beard. I've always thought he'd make a great extra in a Clint Eastwood mid-80s western film. He's just got the look of a prospector. Or maybe a doctor.


And to follow this we have my favourite Eels tune. E is a complex character and indefatigable miserablist but I love his music dearly. He's gone more for the comedy beard. The kind you buy from joke shops with a cigar attached. You know what I mean.

Not quite blues, more psychedelic Cambodian pop but Zac Holtzman's beard is a beaut and fully deserves inclusion. He's gone for the revolutionary look, straight down like a furry piece of A4 paper on his mush. Great work


Cat Stevens here, sports the Sheriff of Nottingham look. It suits him. (I was going to refer to it as the Peter Sutcliffe cut but that's probably very inappropriate).



Gentlemen, I salute you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment