16 January 2011

gil scott-heron, minimal techno and yorkshire pudding

Sounds like the perfect Sunday to me and it would have been if I'd got any sleep last night but the student party next door went on until 7 this morning. Enough bad karma, the day panned out rather well in the end. I cooked a Sunday roast for me and my two children and now we're chilling out. Thomas is playing on the PS3 whilst listening to Gil Scott-Heron. Gabriel is upstairs on the Wii and I'm messing around with minimal techno mixes on the mix decks I got my 11 year old for Christmas. It's a lot of fun.

I promise to put this into one of my future mixes. Mr Scruff-type jazzy bass lines with Moby-esque voice samples and enough clicks, whistles and bleeps for the techno purist. I think it's awesome.



Albums I've been listening to today: The Frames - Burn the Maps, Beth Orton - Pass in Time, James Pants and Dam Funk - Chart Toppers, Tricky - Mixed Race, Gil Scott Heron - Ghetto Style, Gil Scott Heron - I'm New Here

No comments:

Post a Comment