26 January 2011

amanda palmer

Finally, my limited edition Amanda Palmer sings Radiohead album arrived today. Well, it was sitting in the post office sorting office for me to collect but it was a very pleasant birthday present, nonetheless. I'd almost given up hope of it arriving.  It's quite a collector's item too. 


 As you can see, it came with lots of goodies too: a t-shirt, badges, transfer tattoos, a signed photo and of course the album itself. She's got an incredible voice and an attitude to match. The album is just, her, her ukelele and a hatful of Radiohead songs to cover. I'm a keen collector of odd cover versions and she really does them justice. It's all my favourite Radiohead songs too which is doubly pleasing.

I can't find it on the web but on the album is a rehearsal version of Creep when she was incredibly hungover in Berlin. She holds the note in the final chorus for about 20 seconds. What a voice! 

This is from the album but rather ruined by having Free's "Alright now" blasting at the end. Sadly this is the only version I can find on the net but I urge you all to stay in and buy the downloads from her site here: Amanda's Radiohead album


 As a special birthday treat, here's the official video to her super smash hit, Leeds United. 


She fell out massively with her record company over that video. They wanted to remove the bits where she's got her tummy out. Apparently, bellies are not allowed. Madness, I know. Fortunately Ms Palmer dug her heels in and the tummy stayed in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment