10 February 2013

nara leáo - 'berimbau (ritmo de capoeira)'

I couldn't resist it, I went on yet another CD buying spree today. Regular readers of this blog will know of the pact I have with my children - I'm not allowed any more than 7 separate CDs in any one purchase. I went for the maximum allowed and one of them was double CD compilation titled 'Bossa Nova and the Rise of Brazilian Music in the 60s'. It kind of does what it says on the tin but I'd also add that it was compiled by Gilles Peterson and Stuart Baker so it comes with quality guaranteed. There's no fillers here with those two acting as curators. I've just started listening to it and am mightily impressed so far. This is one of the more subtle tracks, certainly more minimal (please excuse the oxymoron) than most but still as beautiful and uplifting. Let's lift these gloomy Sunday blues.



No comments:

Post a Comment