14 February 2013

elkie brooks - 'sunshine after the rain'

I don't need to tell you that I'm a self-confessed music geek but I am not (I hope) a music snob. I just love great music, whether it's the songs that makes the hairs on your arms and neck stand up or if it's just 3-minute pop that buries itself deep into your subconscious with an infuriatingly catchy chorus. It's not just an obsession however but also a life-support system. I need music in my life as much as I need air to breathe or water to drink. It rescues me from going insane, it levels me when I need to relax and lifts me when I am feeling low. I won't go into details but I have need of music tonight and I have no idea why but Miss Elkie Brooks is my saviour. 

I've always been big fan, she's had some cracking tunes that have stood the test of time and you can't help but love her voice. This song is perfect, I'm deliberately trying to avoid her more melancholy songs and the sentiment of this particular classic is exactly where I want to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment