05 March 2012

xtermination - 'the pope of pop'

Can I leave you with this before I head to bed. It's a brilliantly bubbly retro album (actually it's a demo but it sounds pretty near finished to me) of tracks that wouldn't look out of place on a Wiseguys album. Xtermination is Piotr Warzawski who hails from Krakow and is entirely home written, arranged and produced. Taking all this into account it sounds amazing. and the album gets better and better as you get into it. In parts it has a Depeche Mode or Blancmange feel to it and in other places perhaps Unkle or Apollo 440. It's a shame the first two tracks are where they are as I think there are stronger opening tracks from this he could have chosen. I think this is my only criticism and I feel a bit bad for saying this as he really doesn't deserve anything but praise for creating such a strong album.

No comments:

Post a Comment