30 March 2012

it's never over till it's over

I hope you've all had a great evening. This is some smile therapy for me. I was really looking forward to tonight, I got back from work quite late, put on my glad rags and met friends only to bump into an ex with her new boyfriend. I wish them well but it completely put a downer on everything for me, so I'm home and listening to some music and trying very hard not to mope. 


Let's see if this works. I love quirky techno tunes and I've currently got this as a favourite on my iPod. Living alone and commuting for up to 25 hours a week means I spend a lot of time wrapped in my own thoughts. I have never quite reconciled myself to the fact that I'm 43. My mind wanders as I listen to music and I imagine playing on the left-wing for Brighton and England footie teams or retracing Che Guevera's route that he took across South America in the Motorcycle Diaries or getting a complete arm tattooed with a Japanese art sleeve or even forming a band and writing a killer song that means something to someone somewhere. Alas, I haven't the time, talent nor funds for the road trip or band and I'm too scared of needles for the mid-file crisis tattoo. As for the football, absolutely no chance even if I were 17 forever and practiced for eternity. Plus I have absolutely no desire to be famous. 


Why am I telling you all this? I have no idea but minimal techno in particular and tunes like this that gives me space to dream and it puts a smile on my face. And you know what? I'm a very lucky bloke. Sleep well and let's hope Brighton get 3 points tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment