24 March 2012

culture club

I still struggle to believe that Thievery Corporation are American. To me, they sound like the archetypal Parisian electronic outfit borne of a fusion of Gallic cool and North African passionate rhythms. 

They recently held a competition to find the best remix of their Culture of Fear track. As an aside, that is such a Thievery Corporation song title. I love that their cynicism of the political status quo has never dampened their idealism for a world where religious zealots don't shoot school children. I digress, the competition was fiercely contested and the discussions that it created were evidence of this. I haven't listened to all of the tracks updated but below are two that have stood out for me. Click on the link here where you can explore the other entries. I'd love to have the talent to mix music. I have to make do with the vicarious pleasure of listening to other people's genius.



No comments:

Post a Comment