04 March 2012

nora batty

Ok, it's a terrible pun and almost certainly lost on any non-British blog readers of at least a certain age. I apologise because the music deserves your attention. The ever-excellent Leon Somov and Jazzu have released a new song on Soundcloud and I like it. It's quite radio-friendly, a little simpler in its construction and content than the music I've heard them make previously but I'm a great believer in the process of minimialising music to allow the musicians to make more complex statements. I know this sounds a contradiction in terms but it can be difficult sometimes to appreciate the individual nuances of a song in something like a Spector 'Wall of Sound' production. Am I making sense? Probably not and once again time for me to stop rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment