28 September 2014

i am ampersand - '20 seas 4 oceans'

I Am Ampersand is one-third of Brighton based Fujiya & Miyagi, a band that I have raved about on here before. He's the Ampersand in the middle to be exact and has a solo album, Grave Goods, up on Bandcamp that deserves a lot of attention. It's a lot more folky and acoustic than his Fujiya & Miyagi-type music and with tinges of psychedelia too although there's definitely some hallmark F&J traits that shine through still. Funnily enough, just before hearing this I was listening to Phil Selway of Radiohead's latest solo album and there are comparisons aplenty there too: quieter, more intimate but with a wonderfully assured delivery and some great tongue-in-cheek moments. I do like the flow of the album and this track especially. I think Marc Bolan would be proud of the hook in this tune.


You can listen to the rest of the rest of the album here

No comments:

Post a Comment