07 August 2011

i've still got the blues for you

I once read somewhere that men always feel the Sunday blues. I don't know if this is true or not generally but it's certainly true for me. I can be quite happy in the blues too. I'm in that state now, post-euphoric after yesterday's dramatic last-minute-in-extra-time win for Brighton over Donny Rovers. To revel properly in this slightly melancholic funk requires the right kind of music too and I've been listening to some gems this morning.

Eddie Floyd - 'Oh, How it Rained'


Lambchop - 'Close Up'


Dave Van Ronk - 'Cocaine'


Beautiful South - 'Bell Bottomed Tear'


Mike Blookfield/Al Kooper - Blues for Nothing


...and lastly thanks to my little brother for putting me onto this gem

Townes Van Zandt - 'Waiting Around To Die'


No comments:

Post a Comment