17 April 2011

sunday night groove

Here's a few tracks that suit my Sunday evening mood after a fairly heavy weekend.

First up is Miss Kittin with 'All You Need'. I've managed to track down all 3 available versions, so pick your favourite from these. I am undecided at the moment. The original is a very lovely stripped back sound with nods towards the 'Italians Do it Better' label's output. The Lee Van Dowski remix has a kind of static noise (almost) fidget house feel towards it whereas the Gestaffelstein version plays heavy with echo and reverb. It makes it sound a bit retro, almost like an Depeche Mode tune.


This is 'Epilepsia' by Dinky, a Chilean now resident in Germany. She made this about a year ago but I only got the chance to hear it very recently. I hope you like it too.


Benoit and Sergio are creating quite a stir at the moment in the US and UK. This is a Feb 2011 release - 'Walk and Talk'.  The sound is a lovely kind of minimal soul by which I mean that I can really feel this tune. I heard a lovely mash-up of this recently. I will post it soon. Promise.


The last of tonight's selection is, in my humble opinion, David Gilmour's finest song outside of Pink Floyd. From his eponymous 1978 album - 'There's No Way Out Of Here'.


Hope you liked them. Sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment