02 April 2011

everybody wants to be a dj

If I had any talents as a DJ and if I had a gig to DJ tonight then these 4 tunes would feature heavily. As it is, I have no talent as a DJ, I have no gig to DJ at and anyway, tonight I'm sharing a sofa with my two kiddywinks but let's suspend reality and pretend that I'm Tiesto. 


If this tune doesn't just blow your socks off then I don't know what will. Released a few days ago this Adam Port track is destined to fill dancefloors with a multi-layered techno track that keeps giving. I think I could be suffering from superlative overload. Time to stop and let the music do the talking.

Adam Port feat. Ruede Hagelstein - Corrosive Love




This track, released over 5 years ago still oozes class, it's got a Morcheeba-esque quality to the lyrics and boy, does the tune kick in after 3 minutes. It features Julee Cruise on vocals who you may remember from the Twin Peaks inspired hit 'Falling'. I love this track. 


Khan Feat. Julee Cruise - Say Goodbye (LoSoul "She's Homeless" Mix)



Back to the future (sorry, had to get that reference in....I'm writing this whilst sat on the sofa with my two sons who are watching Michael J Fox's greatest film) with a very new release. This one is unrelenting with a hypnotic bassline that draws in allcomers.

Agaric - Who Made Up The Rules (Original Mix)




This is another new release, Lodge by Monotoone. Tasty minimal techno just like your mamma used to make. Discovering great new minimal techno really is one of life's little pleasures.

Monotoone - Lodge (Original Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment