29 October 2012

terry callier 1945 - 2012

Another great that I never got to see in concert. I think I may have seen him at a festival a few years back but I never really liked festivals and lack of sleep and too much alcohol always made them forgettable experiences. Sorry about that Mr Callier, my fault entirely. Back to the great man and I'm proud to say that he was extremely well regarded over here in the UK and collaborated with British artists old and new who looked to him for inspiration again and again. Here he is with Beth Orton at the Jazz Cafe performing 'Dolphins'.  


I wouldn't be doing him justice if I didn't also add a track of him on his own. Here he is with a wonderfully tender "What Colour is Love?". I'd just like to point out that this is a live recording in 2005, over 30 years since he first wrote it and sounding as heartfelt, as fresh, as beautiful as when it was first performed.




No comments:

Post a Comment