25 April 2012

wave pictures - 'come home tessa buckman'

I bought their album, Long Black Cars, the other day and I've not been disappointed with it so far. It has all the hallmarks of classic Wave Pictures by which the lyrics are incredibly witty, well-crafted and beautifully metred and the music itself is incredibly powerful with some genuine rock and roll guitar work. At times it reminds me of early James and has inspired me to dig those albums out.

This is one of the quieter tunes from the album, I've tried to find out what the story is behind the song but so far to no avail. If you know, please do let me know.

Come Home Tessa Buckman by The Wave Pictures on Grooveshark

Actually, let me edit this post to add this beauty I came across which is also from the album. It's called 'Stay Here and Take Care of the Chicken'.


No comments:

Post a Comment