30 April 2012

under an iron sky

I'm quite looking forward to listening to Laibach's soundtrack to the wonderfully nonsensical film, Iron Sky. I'm not giving too much away of the story line when I tell you that another more literal film title would have been "Nazis on the Moon", it really does do what it says on the tin. I'm firmly of the opinion that the soundtrack genre is a much under-rated source of great music but when done well can stand on its own as a great album as well as lifting a film. In fact, some soundtracks possibly upstage the film. I'm thinking Saturday Night Fever, Get Carter or possibly Dead Presidents. This remix by Gabriel Shinoda has the teutonic doom turned up to 11 and is brand new to me although it appears to have been out for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment