27 January 2012

the quiet before the storm

I've had a very relaxing morning, starting off with a bit of Louis Jordan as I got my children ready for school. I'm a firm believer in not having shouty music or radio DJs that spend all the time talking. There's a time and a place and breakfast isn't it. Since then I listened to a rather naff radio-friendly reggae album that sounds like the kind of music that Heart FM would rave about. That came off and since then I've been pottering about and listening to the new Death in Vegas album. They never cease to amaze me with the way they go about their business, making great music that, time and again, slips under the radar. 

This is Silver Time Machine, the first track off the album although I kind of wish they's saved that title for the second track which is a bit electro-shoe gazer and reminds me a bit of Hawkwind's seminal classic 'Silver Machine'.


As a bonus, let me add another tune from the album. This is a much deeper, less ambient track called 'Your Loft, My Acid'.




No comments:

Post a Comment