02 January 2012

happy new year

This blog is nearly a year old. It was a New Year's resolution from 2010 that I would start a music blog, if only as a way of channelling my nerdiness when it comes to music. It's been a real labour of love and I think I've surprised myself with some of the music I have posted on here. I'm also overwhelmed by how many hits I've had on this blog and the positive responses from people, not just friends but strangers from foreign lands too. Music is such a personal thing and I think it is impossible to make someone like a record* so I'm fully aware that I have been unable to please all of the people all of the time but hopefully you've found a few things you've liked. Mind you, this blog was never intended as a popularity contest nor do I lay claim to some higher qualification as to what makes great music. I've just posted the things that interest me. 

Bearing all that in mind, let's go right back to the blog's roots. The choice of blog name was deliberate and I intended to feature mainly minimal techno and sparse electronica but it's been anything but that as the posts have shown. I aim to fix that right now with a lovely little minimal techno set that is fresh for 2012. I hope it's a good year for everyone.





*Unfortunately, the converse does not also hold. There are plenty of records out there where I have gone from 'love', 'like' or just plain old 'meh' to the point of actually disliking a song. viz. 'Fairytale of New York'.

No comments:

Post a Comment