22 September 2011

welterweight

I've been neglecting techno of late. I apologise for this. My musical moods are somewhat fickle and often a hiatus from one particular genre of music is, to me, a detox. I feel re-invigorated to seek it out the music again. With that in mind, I came across this, just released today, a new EP 'Rubber Band Boy' by William Welt and on first (and subsequent listens) is a moody, minimalist masterpiece.


Rubber Band Boy is a cavernous tune that builds into a thundering almost acid bassline. The Tom Ellis remix of this is more soulful and yet has a retro Detroit feel to it. Lumpy Groove sees the horns given the full re-working in an infectious tune and the last on the EP, What U Talking About is very deep. It reminds me of Robag Wruhme. 8.5 out of 10 from me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment