25 September 2011

foxbase alpha

It was twenty years ago today..actually 20 years ago last month that the most important album in my life was released, Foxbase Alpha by Saint Etienne. 




I've been reading lots of mentions of albums released all that time ago and there is no doubting 1991 was a great year for music: Nevermind, Low End Theory, Trompe Le Monde, Screamadelica et al but Foxbase Alpha was THE album for me. Nothing comes close to the feelings I have for this album. I've written about my love for this before but just in case you hadn't got the message I have it in every released format including the re-mastered edition, the remixed edition and the Subbuteo edition. 




Let's face it, I'm using this as an excuse to play the album so I'll shut up and stick a few of the tracks up here. 



And you can't mention Foxbase Alpha without the seminal 'Only Love Can Break Your Heart'. Je t'adore.


No comments:

Post a Comment