26 July 2011

new primitives album in the pipeline

No - I'm not making this news up. Apparently, the Primitives are recording their first new album since 1991. It's a collection of covers of obscure female fronted 60s bands. I'm hoping it's something akin to Anika's album last year.

Guitarist Paul Court posted recently: "Hopefully there'll be a new Primitives release pretty soonish, we've been in the studio recently having fun with vintage fuzz and marimba. A couple of brand new songs have been recorded. A cute little heart-melter called 'Never Kill a Secret' -- imagine the Carpenters gatecrashing the 'Banana' album, and 'Rattle My Cage' -- a fuzzified girl-pop stomper."

I, for one, cannot wait and I've managed to locate a sneaky preview of one of the songs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment