21 July 2011

i'm on the hunt i'm after you

My mission today is to track down the new re-releases of rare St Etienne 12" tracks from back in the day. I've heard bootleg versions of these but really, really need to own these little pieces of St Etienne treasure:


Let me explain. Aphex Twin remixed "Who Do You Think You Are" on an ultra-rare white label back in 1993. Autechre remixed "Like A Motorway" a year later and this appeared on the same record as a David Holmes mix that was obviously given higher billing. These two tracks have now been re-released (although it would appear very unofficially). Seeing as I adore St Etienne and given the above, I feel the need to own these records; I think I'm a better person for owning these records.

Please wish me luck and in the meantime it gives me a damn good excuse to stick the tunes up on my blog.



1 comment:

  1. http://beta.forcedexposure.com/Catalog/SAINT.E.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete