09 February 2011

last night i dreamt that somebody loved me

I've been in bed with my laptop going through the new releases on Beatport minimal techno charts and I came across a tune that sampled another dance tune. It bugged me for ages about where I'd heard the sample. It was a tune I'd played lots and lots of times but I play so much music that I kind of gave up trying to guess it. I hate it when that happens...but it's then just come to me. I can now go to sleep without it worrying me.

Anyway, the tune provides me with a brilliant excuse for playing 3 lovely tunes as they are all interconnected. The first has possibly the best opening sequence to a song I've ever heard. Johnny Marr never sounded better. I've heard versions that cut out the 2 minute piano intro. That's not just bad that's criminal. The second is a dance tune by Ada based on the first (sharing the same title also) . I'd heard it on her Adaptations mix CD an album that's always within easy reach. The last one is the new track I was listening to tonight, 'Malin' by Marco Baldassarre.







Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment