11 July 2014

bat for lashes - 'skin song'

This comes courtesy of Pitchfork website. And to be honest, if I were to write the background to this song, I'd only be re-arranging their words so I'll cut the middleman and copy them here. And if you want to see the full article on their excellent website then please click here:

In 2015, an album will be released for a new project called Body of Songs. The LP takes a variety of artists and explores how medical science can inspire music—each track is about human anatomy. For an example, check out Natasha Khan's contribution, the Bat for Lashes track "Skin Song".

What about the tune itself though? It's downtempo and definitely one for those who like their songs to tell a story. It reminds me of the more serious early 80s Kate Bush album tunes but lacks a hook, or maybe the chorus is a little too ponderous. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's not doing it for me at the moment. I'll give it a few more tries over the weekend and see how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment