25 May 2013

mad professor - 'radiation ruling the nation'

I loved the original and I'm deeply, hopelessly head over heels in love with this remix from the dub remix album by Mad Professor. He once played this at a dub reggae night at the Concorde here in my hometown of Brighton. I got as far the pillars by the fire exit facing the sea (for those who know the venue) and could get no further. The bass was so low it was making me feel queasy. He does love a bit of bass! 

The only other time that has happened was a small venue of Portobello Road back in the day when it was the Aba Shanti Sound System. All I could do was watch in awe as these superhumans rocked and rolled a few feet away from the weapons-grade speakers.


As a postscript can I just say that the cover of the album is just about the worst I've ever seen and totally unworthy to grace such a fine collection of remixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment