09 March 2013

the adamski kid - 'je veux une cassette de bowie'

I've conducted a quick voxpop of music fan friends of mine about just which 80s influence is the strongest in this simply excellent tune. I heard the Cure in the vocals, others heard PiL, Thompson Twins, Adam and the Ants, Toyah and of course Bowie. It's definitely got that big drum feel that a lot of 80s bands used to such good effect, together with the half singing/half proto-rap it could sit alongside any of the aforementioned quite comfortably. 

I was given the heads up on this tune from the multi-talented Suzie Zabrowska - ex-model, now photographer, painter, film-maker and most relevantly director of this video. You see, all I ask for is one creative talent but alas, all I can offer is an encyclopaedic knowledge of useless trivia and a knack for coming up with Brighton and Hove Albion football chants so I pretend to myself I'm creative vicariously through this blog. Ms Zabrowska and the Adamski Kid are genuinely talented and I am extremely jealous of them. I do really like this tune as do my music-loving friends. 





No comments:

Post a Comment