03 December 2012

nick cave and the bad seeds - 'we no who u r'

This weekend has been incredibly painful after seeing Brighton lose 3-0 to our rivals Crystal Palace. I tell a lie, I saw it up to 2-0 and then left. This morning has been difficult for other reasons but I've been greatly cheered to see that Nick Cave has just released the first track on Youtube of his new album out in February/March. The song itself has a dreadful title "We No Who U R". I hate it when they do that. Weller did that too with the name of his last album too and I don't get it. It's like watching your dad dance. Not funny, not hip, not ironic.

The good news is that the song is beautiful. It's a classic Bad Seeds piano ballad complete with female backing singers. It was the kind of song that became the staple diet of his albums from Boatman's Call to Nocturama. Of late he has taken his mid-life crisis seriously with rockier Bad Seeds albums and the Grinderman spin-offs and so the piano ballads have been binned but this is a wonderful song and perfect to ease the pain of my troubled soul.




No comments:

Post a Comment