29 September 2012

dennis wilson - 'forever'

I saw the Beach Boys last at Wembley Arena. I never thought I'd see a line-up including Wilson, Love, Jardine, Johnston and Marks and they probably will never be on stage together in the UK ever again so I was part of something very special. The gig exceeded all expectations with, I think, every hit played. There was one point in the second half where they played Sloop John B, Wouldn't It Be Nice and then Good Vibrations straight after one another. I'm still reeling from how good the gig was and I was fortunate to be in the company of friends who love them as much as I do. The most touching part of the gig were the tributes to Dennis and Carl Wilson and I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for all the band as they have known each other since they were small boys. I know it sounds soppy but it's difficult to describe the emotions as the band played backing over a video of Dennis singing 'Forever'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment