28 August 2012

breakfast in fur - 'die pfalz ep'

I've not listened to any proper shoegazer/dream pop in a little while so it's a lovely surprise to stumble across this gem of a band. It doesn't, however,  come as any surprise to learn they are from New York State as they have a certain style that I can't really define but I kind of sense. The guitars hark back to New Order in places and then bang up to date with a sound that would please any fans of Asobi Seksu. It's a little infuriating that the vocals are a little too indistinct to appreciate the lyrics but I guess it adds to the charm and let's face it, the same accusation could be levelled at most shoegazer bands. 

I think I'm making a mess of this blog entry so I'll just end it here with my inconsequential seal of approval and let's cut to the music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment