31 May 2012

the wednesday experiment - 'play with something'

I'm something of an aficionado when it comes to trip hop even if I do say so myself and once in a while a track comes along that blows me away and it feels like 1994 all over again. I think this is one of those occasions and the influences are writ large across the whole track. At one point Tricky, another point Portishead and is that a bit of Massive Attack I can hear at the back? It seems very appropriate that I'm in Bristol as I listen to this and thinking about getting up for work. Trip hop this good is so uplifting.

1 comment:

  1. hey thanks so much!!!!!!!
    I was just googling the name and came across this review! Would you beleive we made this track and 2 others the very 1st day we met!
    Much love!
    Pete n Emily!
    ps we have a bunch of new tunes up on soundcloud and are just about finished our 2nd video! Getting towards putting out an album.
    Exciting times ahead!

    ReplyDelete