23 December 2014

My favourite songs of 2014 part 2

And here's my top 10:

10 Damon Albarn - Hollow Ponds (I think this could possibly be Damon Albarn's finest moment)
Avi Buffalo - Overwhelmed with Pride (How good is this ballad? Just wonderful. That's how.)
Eels - A Swallow in the Sun (If there's a lovelier tune from 2014 I haven't heard it. Life-affirming)
The Acid - Ghost (Minimal electronica with a lot of soul. It's a beauty)
Terror Bird - Eyes Without A Face (I don't normally include covers in my best of list but this is no ordinary cover. It's very dark indeed.)
Orenda Fink - This Is a Part of Something Greater (Hairs on the back of the neck kind of music. )
Jungle - The Heat (Simple, sexy dance music that hits the spot.)

And the all important top 3:
Grumbling Fur - All The Rays (Impossibly catchy. The kind of tune that you want to last forever)


C.A.R. - Angelina (Dark 80s style Gothic electronic pop. I used to live, eat and breathe this kind of music when I was a teen)


Alvvays - Archie Marry Me (The kind of song that just overwhelms you with joy. It lifts, it soars. What a chorus.)


No comments:

Post a Comment