08 September 2013

moby and wayne coyne - 'the perfect life'

If you get these 2 very individual characters together then the result will inevitably an off the wall production. They haven't disappointed with this video. The pair of them dressed as Mexican mariachi performers and wandering the streets and having adventures. There's even a scene with someone in a gimp suit that gives huge nods to Monty Python's 'Holy Grail'. 

The big question is - 'is the song any good?' I guess it all depends on how you like your Moby and Flaming Lips. This is a gospel-tinged feel-good anthem that won't win any awards for innovation and I like it although I'm not sure I'd go out and buy it. That probably doesn't answer the question at all! See for yourself and make your own mind up, I guess.

As a postscript, I don't think I can watch the video too often as Moby seems to have morphed into Sid Little and that's just not sitting well in my brain!


No comments:

Post a Comment